Skip to content

Gradebook

Welcome!

This is the place to vote for feature enhancements for the Aeries Gradebook. Please contact your site tech representative for tech support, questions, or to submit anything else.

Note – This site is NOT monitored by Aeries Software support and will not address any tech support issues. If you are having trouble using Aeries SIS, please contact your school’s tech support.

17 results found

1. allowing teachers the ability to mass input the same score for all students on some assignments.

Just like we can mass select work habits and citizenship grade on our grades, it would also be nice to have a feature where daily assignments could have a mass value input. It would be easier if the majority of students have the maximum number of points to go back and change the few who have lesser points.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Easier access to Student Data page.

Double clicking on a student's name in the gradebook should open up Student Data for that student. Single click should open up the Student's gradebook page, double click should open up Student Data page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature actually already exists in the Aeries Gradebook. Clicking the Person icon takes the teacher directly to the Student Profile page. Clicking the student’s name takes them directly to the scores by student page in the gradebook. Is that the functionality you are looking for?

3. is it possible to retrieve deleted grade books?

is it possible to retrieve deleted grade books?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When a gradebook is deleted, a backup is automatically taken. That backup could be restored to “undelete” the gradebook.

4. Ability to have "Attachments" in Student Data

I would love to have an "Attachments" tab in the student data section. This would be helpful to have their IEP or 504 Plan accessible, Doctor's notes, Field Trip Permission forms, etc. One stop shop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have ability to reorder students in gradebook

Be able to reorder students in your gradebook, that way when a new student joins you class you can put them in the bottom of the list if you assign numbers to your students

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the "Student Profile" button its own button instead of being buried under "Student Data."

This way it's an instant click instead of looking for "Student Data" to find "Student Profile" afterward. It can be disorienting. It's 90% of my clicks from Profile menu. It deserves to be prioritized to its own button!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add two buttons next to the grading: Did not Submit and Incomplete

At present we have to go to each student's grade and type in a message that the assignment was not submitted, or that it was incomplete. It would save so much time, to have a button next to that grade that I could check as there are many missing assignments or incomplete work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability for a teacher to mark an assignment as missing without having to mark grading as completed.

At this time, teachers do not have the ability to mark an assignment as missing. It is autogenerated when grading is marked complete. The ability to add "flags" like this would be useful for teachers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Import attendance into the gradebook

Automatically enter absent students into the gradebook. After I click that a student is absent, any assignment for that day would show up as a specific color for any student who is absent that day. In addition, codes can easily be imported whether the student was excused, unexcused, suspended, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow teachers access to reports of students and parent portal access/viewing (times/dates)

Currently, only those with permission to access to manage student/parent accounts can view and pull reports for the Portal access log. Please make this a grade book reporting feature so teachers can verify when parents or students tell us "I checked in Aeries". It's important to know who is viewing the student grade book data and how frequently to support home-school communication and partnerships in accountability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Same visitation comment for multiple students.

It would be nice to be able to select more than one student when writing a same visitation comment. For example, I sent a progress report home to all students and besides school messenger it would be nice to be able to report it in here as well. This goes for other messages like student's being absent and having sent a message or call home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Assignment Auto-fill

Please create the ability to auto-fill an assignment. I would like to be able to put the same grade in for all students at one time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a schedule changes the student should automatically update in the gradebook, and grades should transfer.

We are using Aeries for everything and when a student schedule changes (which happens a lot at our school), I had to go in and transfer the students to the other class (I shouldn't have to, when Aeries drops them from my first period and puts them in my 2nd period, it should also do that in grade book), and it should transfer all of the grades that match. I had linked classrooms that students transferred to and I had to re-enter all of the grades prior to the enroll date in the new classroom. What is the point in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Students From Other Classes

We have a time period during the day when our students are leveled and switch classroom. I would like to be able to create a gradebook for students from other classrooms. Unfortunately, I am only able to create gradebooks for students on my own roster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. enabling an excused character

There needs to be a way to excuse a student from an assignment. For example entering an X or an E in the grade book should make the assignment not count for or against a student.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Entering NA will make the assignment not count against the student. You can also enter TX to make it temporarily excused, which will mark it as missing, but will not count it against the student.

16. NOT marking extra credit as a missing assignment

Please change extra credit entries so that if students do not participate it is NOT marked as a missing assignment! By nature extra credit is above the normal required assignments, so it should not penalize students who do not do it. It is frustrating to have emails from parents regarding missing assignments but this is not one of those.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Access to student transcripts

Dear "Powers that Be,"

What is the reason that teachers cannot view student transcripts? I think this is an obvious feature that should have been available since adopting Aeries.

I hope to see this feature available to teachers ASAP.

Sincerely,

Conscientious Teacher

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?